To obtain a Notary Commission, the applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be either a Minnesota resident or a resident of a county in Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin and list the Minnesota County he or she will be filing in upon receiving their commission.
- Complete and mail the Notary Application.
- Include a $120 non-refundable money order payable to the MN Secretary of State.
- While no Notary Training, Bond, or Errors and Omissions Insurance is required, all of these are highly recommended.
- Obtain your Notary Commission/s from the Secretary of State.
- E-notaries require a separate e-notary commission from the Secretary of State.
- Remote Online Notaries (RON) also require a separate RON commission from the Secretary of State and need to know and follow special laws and rules set forth in the statute.
- Record your Notary Commission/s in your County of Residence!
Our Notary course is for ALL who notarize documents. Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, Health Care Directives, Corporate Documents and other legal documents that require attestation by a Notary Public.
Closers and Signing Agents must also Complete the Closing Agent License Application from the MN Department of Commerce at the Pulseportal site and complete 8 hours of Closing Agent Pre-license Education.